Dermatology clinical case
The case of a child with terra firma-forme dermatosis lesions is reported. This is an idiopathic and uncommon condition characterized by asymptomatic dirt-like lesions, which cannot be removed by routine cleaning. Lesions completely disappear after swabbing with 70% isopropyl alcohol. The condition is more frequent in children and often occurs on the neck, trunk, and ankles.
2. Santarpia M, Guarneri C. Terra firma-forme dermatosis. Eur J Intern Med. 2016; 34:e1-2.
3. Solak B, Erdem T. Terra firma-forme dermatosis: wipe first. Int J Dermatol. 2015; 54:e548-9.
4. Berk DR. Terra firma-forme dermatosis: a retrospective review of 31 patients. Pediatr. Dermatol. 2012; 29:297-300.
5. Akkash L, Badran D, Al-Omari AQ. Terra firma forme dermatosis. Case series and review of the literature. J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 2009; 7:102-7.
6. Berk DR, Bruckner AL. Terra firma-forme dermatosis in a 4-month-old girl. Pediatr Dermatol. 2011; 28:79-81.
7. Guarneri C, Guarneri F, Cannavò SP. Terra firma-forme dermatosis. Int J Dermatol. 2008; 47:482-4.
8. Ratcliffe A. Williamson D, Hesseling M. Terra firma-forme dermatosis: it`s easy when you know it. Arch Dis Child. 2013; 98:520.
9. Gusdorf L, Cribier B. Clinicopathological aspects of terra firmaforme dermatosis. Ann Dermatol Venereol. 2016; 143:446-52.
10. Meseguer-Yebra C, Meseguer-Yebra P, Garrido-Rios AA, Sánchez Estella J. Terra firma-forme dermatosis. Na Pediatr (Barc). 2015; 82:e222-3.
Copyright (c) 2019 NASCER E CRESCER - BIRTH AND GROWTH MEDICAL JOURNAL
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Copyright and access
This journal offers immediate free access to its content, following the principle that providing free scientific knowledge to the public provides greater global democratization of knowledge.
The works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial 4.0 International license.
Nascer e Crescer – Birth and Growth Medical Journal do not charge any submission or processing fee to the articles submitted.